Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What a difference a few years make

Wow!!! That is all I can say!!! 2008-2009 saw many changes in my life. I thought I'd give you a recap of some of them:

Ok, I realize I said 2008-2009 but I have to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to my beautiful daughter, Jennifer....SHE GRADUATED!!! Well, read below and you'll see for yourself:

First...December 2007 - My beautiful daughter Jennifer graduated from Camp Shelby!!!

January 18, 2008 - My precious grandson, Christopher Brian Maples was born.



August 3, 2008 - We had a BIG birthday celebration today. My son Brian would have been 20 years old today. My other son, Aaron, joined the United States Navy. He was leaving for boot camp in Great Lakes, Illinois on August 5, 2008 ~ his 21st birthday was going to be August 18th, so we had a birthday party for both Brian and Aaron. Happy Birthday boys...I love you both!!!




September 26, 2008 - Aaron graduates from Great Lakes. Me, Jennifer and Justin attend his graduation.

September 30, 2008 - Aaron comes home from Great Lakes and we take him to the Naval base in Meridian for his school.


November 7, 2008 - Aaron is finished with his school and has some time with us before he has to leave to report to base in Bremerton, Washington. He is going to be stationed on the USS John C. Stennis.

December 2008 - (Yeah I forgot the exact date) Aaron leaves for Washington. I am so proud of him!!!

December 25, 2008 - We get a call from the nursing home. Mom is wanting to talk to us. The thing is....up until this point. She hasn't really spoken much to anyone but my dad....and hasn't known hardly any of us...but my dad. This truly was our CHRISTMAS MIRCLE!!



February 13, 2009 - I lost my job ~ a job that I absolutely LOVED by the way!! I worked with Vicki Gilliam, an attorney in Clinton. The picture below is Vicki and her two kids....Ferris and Grant.


February 17, 2009 - My mom (who had been in the nursing home since 2005) became ill and was admitted into the hospital.

February 24, 2009 - The hospital called about 12am and informed us that my mom had passed away.

February 27, 2009 - We say our final goodbyes to my mother.


March 11, 2009 - I get another job.

April 10, 2009 - My precious grandson, Collin Ray Maples is born!!


April 18, 2009 - My mom's birthday.

May 31, 2009 - I turn 43. At this point I begin earnestly praying for a Christian man. I began to focus on my life in Christ and doing a lot of soul searching.

September 9, 2009 - Jennifer and I move out of my dad's house and in with my friends/roommates ~ Jim and Shell.



September 2009 - I met a very special person..."Mr. Memphis" ~LOL!! Mr. Memphis is the name that my friend chose. He came into my life when I needed someone...and I'd like to think I came into his life when he needed someone. He has been, and I hope, will continue to be a very special person in my life. He has taught me alot about myself...and that I am a strong person and I am valuable and worthy of love. He means the world to me and is truly one of my best friends!!!
October 2009 - I meet my best friend....Teresa Canoy. She starts dating my roommate, Jim. They break up about a month later...but she's still my bestest friend!!!


October 9, 2009 - Mercy Me (the Christian group) came to First Baptist of Jackson. Johnny Diaz and FEE opened up for Mercy Me. WHAT A NIGHT!!!




November 2009 - I began talking with Chas Yates.


December 7, 2009 - Chas and I meet at Micky D's in Pearl. It was love at first sight!!!

December 8, 2009 - I meet Chas for coffee at the donut shop in Pearl. He tells me he knew that morning that he loved me.

December 11, 2009 - Chas and I meet for dinner at Shoney's in Pearl. We talk for 3 hours.

December 13, 2009 - I invite Chas to church with me. Unfortunately he got sick and was unable to go.

December 16, 2009 - Chas and I see each other again.

December 20, 2009 - Chas invites me to his daughter's Christmas program at her church. We go and afterwards I meet his kids. Sydnee, his daughter, is 10 and is the spitting image of her father. Cade, his son, is 15 and looks just like his mom. Cade reminds me so much of Aaron!! After the Christmas program we all ~ yes, all of us...me, Chas, Sydnee, Cade, Tosha (Chas' exwife) and Curtis (Tosha's husband) go to dinner. During conversation we learn that Curtis and I actually went to school together when I lived in Kosciusko for a bit. He knows my cousins, Tonya and Vicky.

Chas, Sydnee and Cade after Sydnee's Christmas program.

After Chas and I got back in from the Christmas program,.....he asked me to marry him. I said YES!!!

December 28, 2009 - Chas and I went to Memphis, TN and got married. Jennifer (my daughter), Sydnee and Cade (Chas' kids) and Teresa (my best friend) went with us. WHAT A TRIP!!!

This is our first "official" photo as husband and wife!!!

Our beautiful wedding party.

January 18, 2010 - My precious grandson, Christopher, turned 2 years old!!!


Do you notice the "sign" behind him? It says, "Mom knows a lot but GRANDMA knows everything!!".....lol


Now......and then.....



WOW!!! What a difference a few years can make!!!


I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for me and my family!!!


Until next time.....

No comments: