Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bedside Blessings

For Christmas (2009) a friend gave me a lil book entitled "Bedside Blessings". I thought I'd start each day off (at least try to anyway) by sharing the day's "blessing" with you all (I'm actually gonna give ya 2 today, since I missed yesterday).

Happy Reading!!

January 20th
There have been times in my own life when I've had doubts, when I've stumbled over great cracks that appeared in my world. I've had those times when I climbed into my own bed and wept, crying out to God, just as you have. Such is life, especially when you decide to be real rather than protect some kind of "I've-got-it-all-together" image. In times like that it's comforting to realize: God can handle all this.
The Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
James 5:11
*****************************
January 19th
Discipline is one of the most hated terms of our times...right alongside patience and self-control. But have you noticed how often it comes up in the testimonies of those who win?
No runner completes the training or a race without it.
No human body is kept fit without it.
No temptation is overcome without it.
If you want to put a stop to mediocrity, to replace excuses with fresh determination,...you need discipline.

Walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects.
Colossians 1:10

No comments: