Monday, January 04, 2010

Unanswered Prayers...

Yeah I realize I haven't blogged in a while...ok a month or longer. But I have a very good reason!!

In November 2009 I started talking to a very wonderful, kind, caring...and more importantly CHRISTIAN man. Chas Yates. Our first meeting (December 7, 2009) was at the Micky D's in Pearl over a coke/diet coke and lasted about an hour and a half (entirely too short if you ask me). We met the next morning at the donut shop in Pearl for coffee before he had to go to work at 6:30 a.m.....YES, I SAID A.M. I actually got up and dressed (complete with makeup I might add) at 6:00 a.m. I knew then that this man was special and I also knew then that I was in love with this man!! A few days after that "date" we met for supper at the Shoney's in Pearl and three hours later we said our goodnights (he had to work the following morning). We saw each other as often as possible after that. On December 20, 2009 we went to First Baptist Church of Fannin to see his daughter in a Christmas program. I met his daughter Sydnee (10), his son Cade (15), his ex-wife, Tosha, and her husband, Curtis. After the program we all, yes, ALL (me Chas, his kids, his ex-wife and her husband) went to eat supper. After dinner Chas and I were driving back to Pearl and he asked me if we could pray together when we got back to the house I was living at. He said that since we both had been praying for so long for God to bring "the one" to us, the least we could do is pray together and thank Him for bringing us together. I think I fell more in love with him that night!! So, after we prayed together, Chas surprised me and asked me to marry him. I said YES YES YES YES!!! We originally had talked about getting married in February 2010....but....we couldn't wait. And, on December 28, 2009 I officially became Mrs. Chas Yates. Chas and I, along with our wedding party (Sydnee, Cade, Jennifer - my youngest daughter, and Teresa - my best friend) drove to Memphis, Tennessee. We had a very lovely (and short) ceremony...but one that I will never forget!!!

We have laughed together, loved together, cried together and more importantly, prayed together and worshipped together. We are praying that God will show us what church He wants us to call our "home"...until then...we are leaning on Him (and each other). Thanking God every day for unanswered prayers!!!

No comments: